In seven short years since its discovery and development, CoolSculpting has become the most popular non-invasive alternative to liposuction. It is far safer and much cheaper than surgical options, involves minimal recovery, and requires no anesthetic or incisions.
CoolSculpting is beyond cool. It’s the newest and most effective method of removing fat from the body without diet or exercise, which appeals to LOTS of people.
12 facts most folks don’t know about this revolutionary technique:
- The science behind CoolSculpting was discovered by noticing that children who sucked on popsicles frequently developed dimples on their cheeks where cold popsicles contacted the mouth. The dimples are attributable to a loss of fat in the affected area. It turns out that fat hates cold. More accurately, exposure to cold kills fat cells. Direct contact with cold will kill subcutaneous fat without damaging skin or other tissues. The body then naturally processes and removes the dead fat cells as it does with thousands of dead cells each day.
- 70% of people who try CoolSculpting will do so again.
- CoolSculpting is extremely effective for removing fat deposits, but does not help address skin sag after the fat is gone. Other non-invasive procedures are available to stimulate collagen and tighten the skin.
- You may only need a single treatment to notice at least a 20% fat reduction in the treated area. Each continued treatment should yield comparable results.
- It can take up to 2 months to notice a positive change, but often results are reported within 3 to 4 weeks.
- It takes approximately an hour to treat a single area with CoolSculpting. Each arm or each love handle is considered a single area.
- CoolSculpting may cause very mild discomfort during the treatment. Most patients report a slight tingling sensation until the area becomes numb. A gel pad is placed between the cooling panels and the skin to mitigate any discomfort.
- Treated areas may appear ‘squishy’ immediately after a session. This is a typical physical response and usually subsides within a day.
- Your technician should massage the affected area for a few minutes after treatment, helping to dissipate frozen fat cells and restore appearance.
- While recovery from CoolSculpting is almost a non-issue, some patients report mild bruising, tingling or swelling for a day or two. These effects are largely dependent on the health and fitness levels of the individual.
- Importantly, CoolSculpting is not a substitute for diet and exercise. It does effectively remove fat without dieting or exercising, but patients cannot have their cake and eat it too. This means individuals cannot lead a sedentary, unhealthy life and go in for a miracle treatment once a month and expect to look or feel good. Patients are encouraged to maintain healthy habits, including regular exercise and a nutritious diet to compliment the superb effects achieved through CoolSculpting.
- We’ve saved the best for last: CoolSculpting results are permanent because the body does not grow new fat cells. Once they’ve been killed and removed, they will not return. However, the process does not kill all the fat cells in an area, so remaining cells can expand if patients neglect to eat sensibly and exercise. CoolSculpting does the work of elimination and patients do the work of maintaining the improvements.
Millions of people have met with phenomenal results from this simple, affordable and non-invasive treatment. If you’d like to start shedding fat and regaining confidence, please contact Renew MD Medical Spa in Reno today for a friendly consultation.